I’ve seen so many business owners build a website and think that all they have to do is submit their website to Google and their work is done. Whilst I also wish it worked this way, the truth is, you have to help people find your website through your SEO efforts. In this blog, I’m going to explain how a local SEO consultant can benefit your small business, why outsourcing your SEO to a local SEO consultant, is a good idea and what’s included in this unique and essential type of service.
What is SEO (Search Engine Optimisation?
“Search engine optimization is the process of improving the quality and quantity of website traffic to a website or a web page from search engines. SEO targets unpaid traffic rather than direct traffic or paid traffic.” Wikipedia
But were should you start with SEO? Well this is where an SEO consultant can assist, like the local SEO team at Vivacity Marketing. If you have no idea even how to start with SEO in your business, I highly recommend you outsource this function in your business.
How an SEO consultant can add value to your business
- Help grow your website traffic: As mentioned in the definition above, the help of an SEO consultant will increase your organic website traffic and overall brand awareness.
- Receive quality traffic to your website: You might be thinking, what really is quality traffic? Well, through the use of well planned keyword research that is relevant to YOUR business, the chances of people finding your website on a search engine will mean they actually have a high chance of being interested in your product or service. You don’t want any traffic, you want traffic that is valuable and targetted.
- Your business will achieve more credibility and long lasting results: Quick question, how often do you do a Google search and look any further than the first page? I bet you don’t! It’s become common knowledge that the websites which show up on the first page of a search are the most credible. And that’s what a local SEO consultant will help you achieve. Further to that, investing into an SEO consultant will give you long term results and allow you to maintain that high search ranking.
Why outsourcing your SEO is a good idea
Save your time and energy for working on your business rather than in your business. SEO is a long term strategy that requires experience and background knowledge to master. Let someone take over the areas of your business that aren’t part of your expertise.
You will get a great return on investment, whilst hiring someone can initially be an extra expense, optimising your SEO is the most cost effective long term strategy. Meaning you won’t have to pay for expensive advertising down the track.
What’s included in an outsourced SEO service?
Here’s a snapshot of the types of things that Vivacity Marketing include in the SEO service that we offer:
- Consultation and onboarding: Initial setup including a look at your competitors and what keywords they are ranking for.
- In depth keyword research and plan for your website, the main website pages, blogs etc.
- Creation of metadata: This is the information that is shown in Google search results so it’s important go get this right, as it will entice the click through to your website.
- Optimisation and discovery of citation listings: We will submit your website to the main directories to assist with inbound link building, on quality websites.
- Local Google My Business page optimisation: Really important for local SEO.
- Blog optimisations: an essential for organic growth, and we will suggest blog topics you can write about using the keywords that are popular for your website.
If you would like to hear any further information on hiring an SEO Consultant, get in touch we’d love to help.