Do you have a Google My Business page for your business?
When I meet new small business owners via marketing coaching sessions and events, and I ask if they are using Google My Business, most people don’t know what it is or how to use it.
So in this blog I will outline how to use Google My Business for your small business, to attract more local customers to your business.
So what is Google My Business?
This is your free business profile in Google Search and Google Maps. So if someone searches for your type of business on Google, they will find your profile and be able to find out information about your business before they even reach your website.
It’s where you can share information such as:
- The location of your business
- Your opening hours
- List the services that you offer
- Link to your website
- Share photos
- Create posts linking to blogs and events
- Share videos
- And it’s where happy customers can leave Google Reviews for you!
How do you set up your Google My Business Page?
This is really easy to do you, download our free guide here. Follow the steps in this guide to get your page up and running, and to ensure it’s optimised for local search.
So you will access Google my Business either via the My Business App or via your Gmail inbox under Google Apps (in the top right hand corner – click on the square of 9 dots).
To set up your page you will need to give your page a name, and fill in all of the information required under the information tab and add your logo, cover image etc. Fill in all the fields that are required.
You can download our free guide below, and it walks you through step by step how to set up a Google My Business page.
Once it’s set up what do you do?
On an ongoing basis here are some types of information that you can share on your profile:
- Create posts – you can share behind the scenes what you and your team are up to, share causes you are involved with, share events that you attend, showcase your clients, share useful blogs, videos, eBook and podcasts.
- Photos – Use interesting photos that are professional quality. Aim to share 2 – 3 photos per week.
- Post regularly – Aim to post on your profile at least once per week directing traffic back to your website. The post only last for 7 days.
- Google Reviews – You can also request review on a regular basis from your clients, and make sure you respond to the Google Reviews.
- Your services – You can share any new services that you may have.
- Opening Hours – Update your page to reflect holiday opening hours etc.
- Messaging – Turn on your messaging function, so that people can message your Google My Business profile page. And people can also Follow your page too.
NOTE – Anyone can suggest an edit to your Google my Business page. You will receive a notification saying an edit has been suggested. Check these regularly as you don’t want anybody to be changing the name on your page, web address, open hours etc.
Look at your Business Insights
I’d suggest that you log into your Google My Business page at least once per week, and take a look at your Insights. It will tell you how customers search for your business do they come via:
- Direct – They find your listing looking for your business name or address.
- Discovery – Customers who find your listing searching for a specific category, product, or service.
- Branded – Customers who find your listing searching for a brand related to your type of business.
Your insights will also tell you what keywords people are using, what actions they take e.g. visit your website, call you etc.
And if they are looking at your photos that you post onto your page, how many views your photos have received. So check out your insights, to find out what’s going on with your business listing.
If you need help to set up your Google My Business page you can download our free guide to help you set it up.
So there you have it, how to use Google My Business and what kind of information and data you will be able to pull from the insights. If you need assistance we are more than happy to help you.
www.vivacitymarketing.com.au – Helping you build a vibrant business